Wednesday, April 10, 2019

A to Z challenge - I for Independence I gained through radio cabs

It was in Bengaluru that I was introduced to app-based cabs. Radio cabs, as they are called, met with stiff opposition from local taxi drivers in respective cities.

In no time, app-based cabs gained huge popularity in metro cities, tourist places and also small towns. And, I gained a newfound independence. 

Whether it is Bengaluru where I worked earlier or Delhi where I work now or the cities I travel to occasionally, app-based cabs are my constant companions.

Reaching hospital or airport at the oddest of hours is not a worry any more. No more disappointment over not being able to attend a party just because of the venue is in a corner of the city strange to me. 'Directionally challenged' as I call myself, these cabs have induced a new confidence in me to explore unknown terrains. 

No more fretting over my driving licence that I never really used in almost a decade after acquiring it. No worries over lugging heavy bags of household items from shops. No tension about taking my little nephews for an outing when I'm home. 

More importantly, no more energy lost haggling with autorickshaw drivers, spending precious time. All at no extra cost! 

No comments: