Saturday, April 6, 2019

A to Z challenge - F for Flowers of Kashmir



On our first trip to Kashmir, we were on way to our hotel from the airport. It was May and summer was setting in at the Valley. Apart from the several security checkpoints that are not common in the rest of the country, we were also surprised by the bunch of flowers adorning green bushes everywhere.



The huge unches drooping down seemed unusual. At some point I exulted on discovering that they were in fact roses. One of my friends refused to agree and others were not sure. Our cab driver put an end to our argument by confirming they were roses. I got goosebumps when I finally saw them close and got to touch them at the garden of our hotel. 



It wasn't common in the peninsula where I'm from. 
The floral surprise had just begun. The varieties Kashmir offered us were mind blowing. Three days of sightseeing offered us some thousand colours... If colour therapy works, all you should do is visit Kashmir during spring. 
I did and it helped :)


2 comments:

Operation Awesome said...

What gorgeous flowers! I've never been to Kashmir and now I really want to!

Yamini Nair said...

You must!!!