Monday, April 8, 2019

A to Z challenge - G for Greeting cards


Meadows, roses and castles... They made me feel that life was full of all that. Perhaps the very first seeds of  misconceptions in life came through greeting cards but along with immense joy. 

The sight of postman during Christmas-New Year season would excite me no end. I would eagerly wait for him to stop by and hand over the envelops that came my way. And if he didn't stop, it meant there was no card for me that day. Disappointment would set in but it would soon give way to hope the next day. 



With pocket money collected through the year, I used to buy greeting cards for my friends. Some of them would return the greetings while some wouldn't. Only the ones I received counted. It mattered so much that I have preserved them decades on. 

A printed greeting card became expensive and the effort to send one came a waste of time in the internet era. Flowing with the current, I also stopped sending physical cards... Stopping the arrival of joy in a sealed envelope. 

No comments: